This is to confirm that we are aware of the recent challenges with processing card payments for instances where the card is inserted on the Miura device. As an interim measure, merchants are requested to tap the customers card (where possible) on the Miura device, tapping of the card will work for cards that are enabled to do so. Alternately, merchants can follow the below guidelines in getting their Miura devices updated with the current set of key files, herewith included. The installation of the key files will allow for cards to be inserted/dipped on the Miura device and transactions to be processed normally.
Installation Steps to Update Keys on the Miura Device
- Plug the Miura Device into your laptop via a USB cable.
- Download the “V1-17.zip”file to your PC from Here.
- Unzip and extract the 2 files in “V1-17” folder
- Copy the 2 files onto the Miura device directory which should appear as a “USB” device in your PC
- In the bottom right-hand corner of the task bar in your PC, look for the Safely Remove Hardware right click on the Miura “USB” device choose “Eject”. See Appendix A.
- Unplug the USB cable of the Muira device from the USB port
- Plug back the USB cable on the PC. Go to the Muira USB drive and see if the 2 files that you copied onto the Muira drive are still there. If not there, that means that the files were processed. If the files are still there, then the files have not been processed, repeat 3 & 4
- Try a transaction.
Should assistance be needed with the installation steps, please contact our support team on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 011 269 4000.
Appendix A – Safely removing a Device